Artemis/Notre Dame du Bois

Years ago I worked in an Organic Nursery in Marin County. Everyday I would water hundreds of plants and as I water I would pray, at one point I prayed about the trees and shortly after that I was given 50 redwood trees that were about 2 feet tall. I decided to care for them and give them away on May Day for people to plant in their yards. May was still many months away and I wanted to strengthen the trees before the give away. So everyday with all the other hundreds of plants I watered my little redwood forest. One day as I watered this prayer wrote itself through me.
Hail Mother of the Living Green, the Spirit resides within you. Oh Holy Mother who is wild and free, Oh Mother of Bounty we thank you for all you give. May your Earth children's ears be opened to the whispers of trees. May your Beauty Be Restored Treemen
This rosary I made yesterday of Baltic Amber. The center piece is a Greek coin of the face of Goddess Artemis of the Wild Woods. The smaller medal is Notre Dame du Bois, "Our Lady of the Woods." Artemis morphed into Notre Dame du Bois when Christianity took rise in Europe. Religions rise and fall rules change according to whose in power at the time. If you are of European descent if you go back far enough your ancestors were once Pagans, some of them may of been Catholics, Jewish and all the different layers of Christianity all according to the minds and the powers at be. Yet the purity of a tree and the Living Green is still here, even when we clear cut our forest or poison the land. One will find the dandelion cracking through the side walk saying I am wild and I am free.

Comments

Popular Posts