St. Kevin

I have been in a process writing new prayers for Saints and aspects of the Madonna. My work is rooted in research yet also I have my own direct experiences out of my daily spiritual practice. You will find that I have used some very old prayers in my book "Novenas for Now" yet I edited phases that are outdated and no longer hold true, as we collectively learn to balance the Divine Feminine and the Divine Masculine. The depth of much of my work is through honoring the ancestral wisdom and our ancient roots, yet recognizing that they also suffered under some bad programing. And in-spite of it all there was awakening and also miracles that took place. My passion is lately finding the old prayers that were used to Bless the land, our food and the Ways of Nature. I like to introduce Saint Kevin who lived in 498 AD. He is one of the many Nature Saints that lived in the wilds of Ireland. Yet he rejected women since this was the program that was taught by the church at the time. I have been gently addressing these issues in writing new prayers that stay true to the the saint's life, that is laced with legends and gently acknowledging the Divine Feminine within the prayer. The following is a prayer to Saint Kevin I wrote yesterday. Prayer to Saint Kevin Saint Keven you were given the name Fair Begotten born at the Fort of White Fountain. It has been said an Angel attended your baptism. A learned scholar of Noble Birth yet you choose a quiet life of a simple hermit. You wore skins, ate herbs and stinging nettles. You waked barefoot feeling the Earth in the soles of your feet. Your heard God's psalms sung from the leaves of the trees. You made your bed between two lakes and sang your prayers upon a harp. You turned away from women yet your made your bed in the arms of the Great Green Mother in the Valley of Glendalough. St. Kevin shower us with your Blessings of the Ways of Nature and the Path that leads us to Inner Peace Amen. written by Raylenea

Comments

Popular Posts