St Joseph's Heart Lesson

St. Joseph Bread has been made and delivered. I have been only doing this for a few years now, for some people it is a way of life, feeding the homeless or stocking a neighborhood food pantry. This service has been teaching me, I was reflecting today. Often the pantry is trashed and disrespected. Or leaving a bin of bread for the homeless and seeing one person hoard the bread box. Yet today I asked myself what am I really learning here? It is a good question to contemplate. An answer came back to me from my core, (No expectations.) (You are learning to heartfully give and let go). Not that anyone even see me leaving the bread since it’s the wee hours of the morning. So I drove down to the pantry and cleaned up the trashed shelves left the night before and began to replace it with loaves of bread, flowers and food offerings. A little while later a small older Latino woman pulled up in her car and watched. When I finished she got out of the car and said to me you are so kind. She took a few foods supplies, she did not hoard only took what she needed for the day. Next another elder woman with long grey hair and a very big smile showed up and she started stocking the shelf with fresh vegetables. This was the first time in three years I had any real exchanges with the community. She remarked how beautiful the pantry was full of food and flowers . She motioned with her hand from her heart with a grand gesture of Love. Thus this was my day a lesson in giving.

Comments

Popular Posts